Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cry of the Invisible Children

Having seen the suffering kids in Africa, makes me remember this quote, "I am part of all that I have met." It's true in our real world that we see and meet people. We become part of them, in their minds, memories, dreams and actions. But, it's not always been pleasure to become part of someone, if all our actions only bring sorrows, pains, and misfortunes. The life of African kids, especially in Uganda is cruel and terrifying. I had seen many documentary film, but not as harsh and as disturbing like this. This documentary film shows the impact  of war on children. I was dissapointed by the adults, especially government officials and the rebels. They act as if it's the right to to abduct little kids, because they are small and stupid enough to be used. I was really furious toward the "childish" attitude of the adults. Come on man! 17 years! What do they want to do to their own people and country just to satisify their group personal interest? Can't they just stop and act legally as adults? I just wanna beat them up! 

If you've read my previous blog, you should have known this quote "Man's little pleasure is the spring of sorrow." The life of common people and children in Africa is really concerning. When I look the documentary film of "Invisible Children" I was shoked that Man's "LITTLE" pleasure can give massive impac to one small country in Central Africa. The war was started because of one's greed of power and money, which bring the country into a brink of burden and grief. 

Many concerning problem grow faster than ever before, people hunger for food and safe place to spend theirr night. I sometimes can't appreciate what I had. When I saw this documentary movie, I felt so stupid and foolish. I often don't eat the food that I don't like, but this kids are eating everything they can have. They don't ask what today's menu is, instead they'll ask can we eat today. They also spent a night at damp, dirty and unsafe place; underneath the hospital (sewer-like room) or even of the hospital's roof,while I sleep on soft bed with air conditioner. Now, I feel that I am one of the minor fortunated teenagers in the world that can leave happily with care and security from parents.   

No comments:

Post a Comment